The graduate students in the Biophysics Graduate Degree Program are part of a friendly, diverse, inclusive, and collaborative group. They come from all over the world and form lifelong friendships and develop research collaborations as part of our community on campus.
- Invited speaker panels representing science careers
- Tours of local biotech companies
- Participation in organizations on campus including the Badger Business Solutions
- Science Outreach, such as the Wisconsin Science Festival
Social and Community
- Biophysics Colloquium
- Biophysics Student Retreat
- Biophysics Seminar
- Recruitment/interview weekend for future students
Representation on the Biophysics Steering Committee
- Miranda Mecha, a student in Silvia Cavagnero’s lab
- Kevin Lauterjung, a student in Megan McClean’s lab
The Biophysics programs is committed to the diversity efforts implemented by the University of Wisconsin-Madison and their goal of encouraging diversity and inclusive excellence.